Friday, March 27, 2009

Brown Brothers

Next up is a wine that my parents enjoy and have relatively often, thus enabling me to try it as well. The wine is Brown Brothers Shiraz 2006.

This an Australian wine, which I am generally a fan of. However, as it is a Shiraz, it's not among those wines which I am terribly fond of drinking by itself, it really needs some food to go with it. As most Shirazes it has a distinct, rather strong taste which leaves you no doubt that this is not something that should be gulped down, but rather enjoyed and that you should take your time drinking it. (Which for some strange reason doesn't suit me.) Regardless, this is a pretty good wine that works in many occasions, but particularly food. We had a pork-gyros stew thingie from the butcher's when we had this, and the two of them work well together.

After some jury deliberation, this wine recieves a 7/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment