Friday, March 27, 2009

Rolling


Following the creation of this blog, I decided to try new wines every now and then, just to get some variation and material for the blog. The first of those wines was Rolling 2006 Shiraz.

I brought this to a party with the master students of molecular biology (we sure know how to party, I'll give us that), which meant that this was a wine I was hoping to be a drinking wine. Fortunately, my request was acquiesced to and this proved to be a wine acceptable for such an occasion. It was neither the most memorable nor the best tasting wine I've ever had, but it certainly fulfilled its purpose, which gives it a good grade.

Further, this was the first wine of which I was conscious that it should be in the blog, and thus managed to take a few photos of. So this one will have a few more than the normal photo by the side.

This wasn't among the strongest shirazes, which works perfectly for a drink alone wine (that's drink alone as in drink it without any accessories in the form of food, not drink without the presence of other people.) However, there are certainly other wines that work better in such a capacity. All in all though, this wine receives a 7/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment