Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Castillo de Molina


And now it's time for a very essential wine, namely Castillo de Molina, in this case 2006 Reserva.

This is a Chilean cabernet sauvignon, and an excellent drinking wine (as in the sense of not needing accompaniment of food). However, the importance of this wine is that it was the first wine that I enjoyed, and thus is responsible for my red wine drinking. For that reason alone it is qualified for a 10/10, hell this one should even go to 11. Regardless, I'll try to give it a more qualified grade based on how it actually tastes and feels.

I'm a fan of Cab Savs, they are just very drinkable and enjoyable to me. And this is a good Cab Sav, it was the "house wine" for quite a few years, and it's still a go-to wine both for my parents and me. It will be drunk again and I will possibly update this post then. It's dawning on me that I should probably either write down tidbits about the wines I drink as I drink them, or post them closer to drinking time.

Regardless, this wine receives an 8.5/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment