Friday, March 6, 2009

Muga

The lead off wine for this blog is Muga Reserva 2004.

This is a Spanish wine, which are generally not among my favorites. Which is just a different way of saying that I rarely drink Spanish wines, probably due to the fact that we never have it at home as they have a tendency to give my mother migraines. Regardless, this was a pretty good wine, despite its somewhat surprising first impression. Sour is the best way to describe that impression, and it surprised me as that is not something that I'm used to with wines. Overcoming that first impression, it goes on to have a very distinct after taste, in that it works your throat like liquor.

We had this wine with lasagna, and I would recommend that it be drunk with food, as it isn't the best "drinking" wine. Still one of the best Spanish wines I can remember drinking. (Remember might be the operative word here).

All in all I give it an initial rating of 6.5/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment